You are using an old version of your web browser.
Please note that the website might not function correctly using an outdated browser. We recommend updating your browser or using another one.
Sampo Interim Report 1 January - 30 June 2001
Stock Exchange Release - 21 Aug 2001 at 12:00 PM
Sampo Interim Report 1 January - 30 June 2001 in full
- The Group’s operating profit was EUR 1,131 million (EUR 1,432 million) and earnings per share EUR 1.31 (EUR 1.63).
- The net asset value per share amounted to EUR 5.81 (EUR 8.40). The net asset value was reduced in particular by the EUR 1.60 dividend paid in April.
- The banking results remained good. The cost to income ratio was 59.9%.
- The profitability of domestic property & casualty insurance improved further.
- Assets under management and the mutual fund market share increased.
- The uncertainty prevailing in the investment markets slowed down life insurance sales.
- The risk cumulation of the equity portfolio has been heavily reduced, in particular with respect to Nokia shares.
- No significant equity sales have been projected for the remainder of the year. The results for the full year are thus expected to remain lower than in the previous year.