Sampo plc (“Sampo”) undertakes to protect the privacy of the users of its website in accordance with the legislation in force.
This privacy notice describes
- which data we collect about the users of the website;
- the purpose for which the data is processed;
- the disclosure of data to third parties; and
Collecting and processing the information
We collect data on the users of its website in two ways:
(1) The users are offered a service through which they can subscribe to the releases of Sampo in order to receive them by email. If the user subscribes to the releases, data is collected from the user personally.
(2) Data is also collected by using cookies in connection with the browsing of the website.
The following data can be collected about users:
- the subscriber’s email address (necessary) and possibly their name and the company they represent (voluntary); and
Personal data, that is, data based on which the user can be identified is collected only in connection with release subscriptions. If the user provides their name or email address, they are considered to be personal data. Other data that is collected does not constitute personal data.
Purpose of data processing and data retention
The data is processed for the purposes of
- providing the user with the releases subscribed; and
Sampo carries out centrally managed Group administration tasks for the companies that are part of the Group. Thus, user data is not collected for purposes related to customer relationships or marketing and data is not disclosed to subsidiaries.
Subscription to releases
The release subscription service is produced in cooperation with Notified (“Notified”). Subscriber data is forwarded to the GlobeNewswire release distribution system through an encrypted connection. The information can be accessed by designated employees of Sampo who need access to the data in order to perform their work duties and by Notified’s service and maintenance employees who use the system. Subscribers may cancel their subscription by completing the unsubscribe form available on the website. The subscription is terminated with immediate effect. Data is erased from the GlobeNewswire release distribution system and the systems of Sampo once a month.
We use Siteimprove Analytics web analytics service on this website. The service is used to, inter alia, collect information about the website traffic and the browsers and devices used. The purpose for collecting the information is to develop the contents and the technical features of the website. In order to protect the users' privacy, Sampo's Siteimprove Analytics account anonymises the IP addresses. The information is collected only for statistical purposes, and the user cannot be identified with such information. Siteimprove Analytics stores the information for as long as its web analytics service is used on this website.
More information about Siteimprove Analytics:
- Siteimprove security and data protection
- Siteimprove Analytics cookies
- Siteimprove Analytics: data flows and compliance
The information collected for Analytics include for example the following:
- service provider (operator);
- location (country, geographical area, city);
- operating system;
- device (computer, tablet, mobile device),
- model of the mobile device;
- browser and its language version;
- display resolution;
- the pages the user visited on the website;
- number of visitors per page;
- entry and exit pages;
- website's download time;
- documents downloaded from the website (pdf, excel);
- time and duration of the visit;
- behavior: new or returning visitor, visiting frequency;
- notifications shown on the website (cookie notification, expired browser
- notification); and
- personalisation choices (functionality on or off).
The user cannot be identified with the information, nor do the cookies enable review of the information stored in the user's device. Sampo does not disclose the information collected by using cookies to any third parties.
Regular disclosure of Information
Sampo may disclose the data it collects to Notified, the company producing the release subscription service together with Sampo, and with regard to cookies, to Siteimprove and other subcontractors (if any) and to authorities as required by the legislation in force at the given time. Furthermore, information may also be disclosed to third parties in a format that ensures no individual users can be identified. In this case, the data does not constitute personal data.
Transfer of data outside the EU or the EEA area
Due to the provision of investor tools and the use of Google reCAPTCHA, some of the data collected by the website's cookies may be located on servers that are physically located outside the EU or EEA.
Rights of the website's users
The data collected with cookies is used for statistical purposes only and users cannot be identified on the basis of the data. In the release subscription, the subscriber's name and email address are considered to be personal data.
Pursuant to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), the users of the website have the right to check their personal data in Sampo’s files, the right to demand rectification of any incorrect data and, in certain circumstances, erasure of their data and the right to restrict and object to the processing of data and otherwise exercise their rights guaranteed by the legislation in force at the given time.
Data requests must include the following information:
- Name, address, personal identification number, email address and telephone number of the person making the request;
- The period for which data is to be checked;
- A copy of the requester’s driving license, passport or official identification document issued by an official authority.
Requests must be sent in writing and with a personal signature to the postal or email address referred to below in section Contact. Requests may also be presented in person.
A reasonable fee may be charged for the provision of information if less than one year has passed since the previous instance of providing the user with access to the data.
Sampo plc is the data controller for the personal data that is collected. Enquiries that are related to this privacy notice, maintenance of data files or data processing and access to own data must be emailed to privacy(at)sampo.fi or sent by post to the address:
Sampo plc / Corporate Legal
00100 Helsinki, Finland
Updates to this notice
Sampo reserves the right to update this privacy notice.