Business management and practices
Sampo Group's general governance rests on the idea that Sampo plc, as the parent company of the Group, provides the subsidiaries with a framework of general principles within which the parent company expects the subsidiaries to organise and carry out their businesses. These principles are manifested in the Sampo Group Code of Conduct, Risk Management Principles, Remuneration Principles, and Compliance Principles, which form the core of Sampo Group's internal governance framework. In addition, Sampo Group has other group-level policies and guidelines that apply to all Group companies. The principles are reviewed annually and approved by Sampo plc’s Board of Directors.
On the basis of and in compliance with the group-wide framework, each subsidiary designs and implements supplementary company-specific policies, and governance and risk management frameworks, which steer, limit, and control all operations. Each individual Group company is responsible for following up and monitoring that the policies are complied with.
- Data privacy
- Information security and cybersecurity
- Anti-corruption and bribery
- Anti-money-laundering and counter-terrorist financing
- Sustainable sales and marketing practices
- Human rights and labor practices
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Political involvement and lobbying
- Grievance procedures